Monday, October 12, 2009

My shopping week

I have to say that I have the BEST Pediatrician out there. I went to get Jacob's 9 month check up and let me just say...he's 19lbs 11oz, 29" long and his head circumference is 18"; back to what I was saying, I asked her for a coupole cans of formula, like I always do and she came out with this. Awesome right?!


At Publix, I bought 40 jars of Beech-Nut baby food(w/numerous coupons, $0.10 each), 2 Beech-Nut cereals(BOGOF peelie on box, making them $0.74 each), and (1) 13.5lb bag of Kingsford charcoal($1 off peelie and competitor coupon making it $3.99). I spent $10.20 and saved $24.99!!

At Food Lion, I bought 2 Oscar Meyer Bacon(BOGOF & w/coupon, making them $1.99 each), 1 Sara Lee sliced turkey breast(w/coupon, $1.69; I found this to be cheaper at Wal-Mart, there it's $3.98 so w/coupon, it makes it $0.98), 2 All detergent(BOGOF & w/coupons, making it $1.73 each), and 2 packs of country style pork ribs($0.88lb). I spent $23.44 and saved $34.15!!



At Wal-Mart, I bought 5 boxes Hamburger Helper(FREE), 2 boxes of Poptarts(FREE), 2 Glad ForceFlex trash bags(w/coupon $7.47 each), 2 Kid's Cuizine(w/coupon $1.38 each), 4 Tag Body Spray(w/BOGOF coupon making them $1.86 each), 1 Clorox 2(w/coupon $5.97), Glow worm(w/coupon $6.97), Tumble and Twist toy(w/coupon $14.96) and Hotwheels bike(not pictured..already being played with $4.27). I spent 62.86 and saved $30.02!!
I don't have pictures but I had a shopping trip at Target too. I bought 2 boxes Quaker bars, 1 travel Hungry Hippos, and 1 Gator Golf. Orginally, I spent $10.63 and saved $14.23 but when we got into the car, I noticed she scanned one of the coupons twice. It was a high value coupon. Michael was with me and he said that I should go back in and tell her. I didn't want to because she was the same lady that I had the problems with before. But Michael convinced me and I went back in and told her. I paid her the $4 and she said thanks. So in the end..I paid $14.63 and only saved $10.23. It's good karma...that's what I keep telling myself.


3 comments:

  1. Holy guacamole on the formula! Dang! Weston's dr. appt. isn't for a few more weeks and I am definitely going to ask for some formula samples. Geez! Awesome savings as well. And I would have felt the same way as you about the coupon situation but you did the right thing. Who knows if it would've bit you in the butt if you didn't! And I love your son in the background! You can tell he is proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my bad, weston's appt. is in a few more DAYS, not weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed that Michael was in the picture, that's so funny.

    ReplyDelete