Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Food Lion trip


I'm a little bummed...I really thought I would make out great at Food Lion with the tripling this week. But unfortunately, all the coupons that I had that were able to triple were not on sale! But I did do ok...I saved more than I spent, which is now normal so I wanted to be extraordinary, but that didn't happen. The gentleman in front of me(yes,I said gentleman) had $65 in groceries and spent less than $3!! His wife went through earlier and she had around $70 in groceries and spent less than $5!! I was so envious!! But here is what I got.....


  • 3 Ziplock Freezer bags(different sizes)($1.89 each also got a $2 off catalina when checking out)

  • 1 Glad freezer bags($2.64)(I was kinda in need of freezer bags...could have done better if I waited for a sale)

  • 1 Huggies wipes refill($5.24)

  • 1 Hormel Compleats(FREE + overage of $0.25)

  • 1 Jimmy Dean breakfast entrees($0.25)

  • 1 Colgate kids toothpaste($0.24)

  • 2 Gerber snack foods($1.51 each)(thanks for this coupon, Kristine!)

  • 3 Yoplait trix yogurt($1.49 each)(not on sale but kids have been begging for this)

  • 1 poptarts($0.35)

  • 1 Oscar Meyer Flatbread($0.25)

  • 1 Smithfield bacon($0.84)


I paid $25.20 and saved $30.46!! Everything I bought I used a coupon that could triple...I really wish I could have done better. Maybe after Sunday's paper, I'll be able to get a few more things free or really cheap. There wasn't a lot of people there but everyone that was there was flipping through their coupons just like me.

1 comment:

  1. That's how me and everyone at Kmart was. When they doubled coupons everyone was flipping through coupon organizers. It was cute. You still did great! For no list and just walking around that's great! What did those two people in front of you get for so little? They are true coupon masters!! I am always envious of those people too!! You still did great!

    ReplyDelete