Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday savings


At Publix, I bought 36 jars of Gerber baby food, 1 refill Huggies wipes, (2) 28.1oz Enfamil Formula, 2 bags of Crunch fun size bars and the penny item, which was Publix vanilla wafers. I spent $47.82 and saved $37.66!!
I just noticed she missed 2 of my $3 off coupons for my formula. I could have spent only $41.40 and saved $43.66!!! I hate when that happens!! CRAP!!





At Kroger, I bought 4 boxes of Green Giant vegetables, 4 bags of Green Giant Steamers, 2 boxes of Progressive chicken broth, 2 bottles of Juicy Juice, 4 boxes of Capri Sun, 2 Edy's Dibs, 1 bag of Sun chips, and (2) 24 packs of Deer Park water. I spent $32.51 and saved $30.85!! Normally, I wouldn't buy water but we're going to Disney World and we're going to need it so since it was on sale and I had a coupon for it..why not. Kroger is doing a buy 10 participating items, get $5 off. They had alot of items on there, but I'm trying not to spend that much since we're going to be spending quite a bit in Disney World.

3 comments:

  1. WoW! Great savings, and I would call Publix about the 2 $3 off coupons, they are going to get reimbursed by the manufacturer and get free money. I would start handing the cashiers the coupons one by one! :) If you know the register number or whatever they can pull it up, and take the coupons out and set them aside, they should technically give them back to you or reimburse you. :) p.s. I am so excited for you guys to go to DisneyWorld! I love DisneyLand and I can imagine DisneyWorld being just as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't a mfr coupon, it was Food Lion coupons, so they're actually taking a loss on it if they reimburse me. I talked to one of the managers there that goes to karate with my husband and kids, and he told me the store coupons are like discounts, they don't get reimbursed for those. So the competitors coupons that they accept, they use them as discounts for the items. They shred them at the end of the day. So, I won't complain to them this time about it, but I will make sure that I give them to the cashier one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok. I just assumed they were manufacturer coupons, I wondered what they did with competitor coupons, like if the competing store reimburses them, or it they count it as a discount item. But I get it now! It's so frustrating when cashiers miss coupons. I have had my fair share of that. There for awhile I did hand them one by one.

    ReplyDelete