Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dollar General



I received a mailer the other day from Dollar General. On the front of the mailer it said that the first 50 customers would receive a $10 gift card. On the back of the mailer it had a coupon for $5 off a $20 purchase. I thought.."hey, this would be a good time to buy all that expensive candy for Halloween now." The store opens at 8am so I got there 5 minutes early and it was already opened with A LOT of people there. I thought..."CRAP, the gift cards are already gone!" Luckly, I got one and this is what I got....2 bags of Blow Pops, 1 big bag of Dubble Bubble, 1 bag of Spongebob crabby patties, 1 bag of Skittles, 1 big assortment bag of chocolates, 1 big bag of Scooby Doo lolipops, 1 bag of Now&Laters, 1 big bag of Airheads, and 3 individual size Fun Dips for the kids to have now. I spent $6.53 and saved $15!!! I have enough candy for Halloween that I don't need to buy anymore. I usually spend about $30 on all the Halloween candy, so this was nice.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! How did you get on their mailing list? That is awesome. We have dollar trees here. I think they are all the same, but man I would have loved to stocked up on Halloween candy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I got on their mailing list but I was happy about it. I don't think Dollar General is the same as Dollar Tree..Dollar Tree has everything for a dollar and Dollar General is kinda like Family Dollar where they sell things rather cheap. I also found out that they accept mfr coupons so I may be posting alot of savings from there.

    ReplyDelete